Friday, August 10, 2012

While the Innkeepers are away.....

Its been ages since I've found time to blog... but I've found some today since Brent and the girls and I snuck down to Cape May Point for a week's vacation! We've left the Inn in the trusty hands of our Guest Innkeeper ( and big sister) Donna, and our housekeeper, Meta.  I'm certain our guests will keep them on their toes, but they are excited to meet and take care of all of you.

If you've never been to Cape May, you're missing something... amazing sunsets, beautiful ocean views, antique stores,!, Duty free shopping just a ferry ride away in Delaware, plenty of sand and sun and amazing eateries. The point is especially wonderful. A quiet little beach community, with a general store, a gorgeous park with nature trails and the lighthouse. We've been getting in lots of jogs and bike rides with the girls and dreaming about someday owning our own beachhouse.  Not suprisingly, Brent is most interested in the condemned bldgs that he is sure he "Can fix right up". 

This week the lighthouse had an artisan festival where I indulged in my new love, jewelry! Ever since I cut my hair short, I can't stop buying this stuff. Lucky for all of us, my taste leans toward the pretty pebbles rather than the shiny rocks.  The girls frequently dig in my jewelry box.. no point in putting something to terribly precious in there.

While down here we've begun working on our cookbook Many of you have asked for recipes time and again. I always print them out and say 'someday" I'll get to a cookbook. This winter's plan is to GET TO IT. We'll be photographing the food like crazy this fall as the weather turns and there's a bit more time after wedding season..

Wedding Season yikes! There is a fair lot of you getting married this fall... We so look forward to making Nicole, Amanda, Lucy and Theresa feel like the most special women in the world on their nupital days. I've very much enjoyed the planning with all of you.

There's a ton happening at the Inn in the next couple of weeks...  Corvettes at Carlisle and school starting for the little kids at South Middleton School District and big kids at Dickinson and Messiah. The end of the summer season with Labor Day Weekend but we'll still be hosting any of you who want to join us for smores near the fireplace well into November.

Check back with us again for the Breast Cancer Awareness special the Cumberland Valley Bed and Breakfast Association will be doing in October.. Think Pink!

We'll be participating in B&B's for vets again this year in November running our Girls Getaway Weekend Specials in December.

I've jumped ahead a bit but only because I'm so excited at all the great things headed our way. Fall Foliage should be fabulous this year with the amount of rain we've had. The farm is never prettier.

Looking forward to turning guests into friends
Kim and Brent

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great escape away from the hustle and bustle, albeit with the blog writing, it seems you still aren't truly "not working" so to speak. Oh well, so is the life of an innkeeper, no days off.I can appreciate that your inn helps so many great non profits, this speaks volumes for your commitment to community. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete